The Molascon Family

Friday, June 16, 2006

Buried in gravy


Our family was in L.A. over Memorial Day weekend. On our way out of Westwood on Saturday morning, we stopped on the road by this cemetary near UCLA. J & L noticed all the flags and gravestones and asked about them. We told them they were for soldiers who had died serving our country... to give us the freedoms we have. They wondered where the soldiers were and we shared that when people die they are often buried in graves; the soldiers are buried next to each of the white gravestones.

Sidenote: There have been a number of occasions were we have talked with our kids about what the Bible has to say about what happens to someone after they die, and we again talked about heaven, hell, salvation by faith in Jesus, etc.

L then insightfully asked, "When I die, will you bury me in gravy?"

"We hope you don't die before us, L, but I guess we can bury you in gravy if you do," I replied.

Instant childhood classic.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home