The Molascon Family

Thursday, July 27, 2006

But she is


I took the kids out to get an ice cream treat the other night to cool off and have a fun bonding time. After getting our ice cream, we sat down outside of the shop. Shortly after sitting down, a family sat down next to us, along with one of the grandmas of the kids. A little while after snacking on our ice cream, L looks over at the grandma and turns back to J and I and says, "She's fat."

Unfortunately, L has been getting in the habit of saying such blunt things. Thankfully, she said it quiet enough that neither the grandma nor the family heard it. I reminded her that such comments are hurtful and that she wouldn't appreciate having mean things said to her. Initially trying to deny she had said anything wrong, she responded with, "Not everyone is fat...but she is."

Again, thankfully, no one but J & I heard the comment. L finally dropped her commenting after another rebuke or two, but not without commenting on how large a bottom the grandma had.

Kids say the darndest things. Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home