The Molascon Family

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I can't stop


While L learned quickly that she couldn't get away with being whiny and expect to be carried by mom, it took dad a little longer to resist the sad face. She now knows that if she wants to be carried by dad, she needs to ask with a smile and without whining.

Earlier today we were on our way back to the car after the kids spent some time playing at a local playground. L, who still needs an afternoon nap as evidenced by the following, went into meltdown mode after I refused to carry her because she asked in a whiny, demanding way.

After a flop on the ground and still in hysterics, she pulled herself up and ran to catch up with J and I. When she got next to me, I told her that if she stopped crying, got control, and asked me nicely, I would be glad to carry her to the car. To this she replied in a dramatically sad voice, "I...can't...stop...crying!"

This story may sound more sad than funny, but her response made me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home